Saturday, August 29, 2009

A new day


Well today is a new day. After my doctor appointment yesterday I was well... rather upset. I wanted to be on a different anti depressant than what I was put on. I cried last night. I talked to my mom on the phone, I miss her so much. I listened to what my mom had to say. Then I had the rest of the night to think about things. I'm going to give this medicine a chance to work. Even though I have been on much stronger in my past, this is what the doctor chose so I'm going to give it a couple of weeks and if it doesn't help things or doesn't at least help my sleeping situation like she said it would, Ill tell her I want to try something different. So for now, I'm on the weakest off all antidepressants. She also didn't give me Xanax, she gave me Ativan instead which I didn't do any research on Ativan and when I had my panic attack last night I didn't take the Ativan for it because I didn't know anything about it and therefore didn't take it, I just rode the attack out, all 3 hours of it. I have to have blood work done on Monday. I couldn't do it yesterday because I have to fast for one of the tests, cholesterol, so instead of drawing blood for my thyroid and A1C test on one day and cholesterol on another, they're doing it all Monday. So Sunday Ill be fasting and have my blood drawn Monday. I see the doctor in 2 weeks, on the 16th I think, Ill have to double check that though, it may be the 18th. Then I should have all the medications I need. At this point anyway. Unless of course she makes me continue the antidepressant to give it more time. But if it doesn't help my sleeping... OK I think I went over that already.

So last night I was able to get a little bit more sleep than I have in the last 2 weeks but I did wake up 4 times. We were supposed to go to a graduation party for my son-in-law but being on the new med, not sleeping well and just the way I'm feeling in general, we felt it wasn't the best idea for us to go. Its a 2 hour drive one way, then a ton of people I don't know and a whole bunch of children, I just don't think I could deal with that today. Plus I have this major headache which I don't know if its caused from the medication or just one of those things. I do feel bad because my step daughter is upset with us now for not coming. But I hope in time she will understand why we didn't.

Well on another note, its just another rainy icky day outside today. It was cold yesterday, cold enough for sweatshirts and long pants. Yes its summer in Northern Michigan. Today its chilly enough we are sort of bundled up and I'm thinking about what type of soup Ill make for dinner. Maybe Ill make cream of potato but I'm also thinking of making Saturday soup too. But cream of potato sounds so good doesn't it? Well whatever I decide to make for dinner Ill be sure to post it on Kel's Kitchen along with the recipe for you. The link to Kel's Kitchen is on this blog, you should check it out sometime.

Well I hope everyone has a good day today. Im off to find something to do and maybe grab a snack before getting dressed and going to the store. Until next time...

No comments: