Monday, August 17, 2009

Men and used tires grrr!

So this is the story which started about a month ago. We had old tires on our van, but they were decent enough to get us another 4 or 5 months as little as I drive. Well you know men, my husband just didn't like those tires at all, oh no, I had to have new USED tires!

So we're at his dads house and he asks his dad about used tires. All the while Im saying, just wait and we will buy all new tires. His dad has 4 used tires that he took off of his pickup because "they're not any good anymore" = THEY ARE BAD. Hello!!! This is your indication that the tires aren't good anymore dear! So against my protesting he has the tires put onto my van.

On the way home, yes ON THE WAY HOME, the cables in one of the tires give out and we still have another 80 miles to drive on a now very bad and dangerous tire. The tire is so bad at this point, its rocking us back and forth. If you have ever seen those childrens toys its a clown car with wobbly wheels, you pull it on a string behind you, THIS is what our car looked like! My arms ached so bad when we got home. Then the next day we have to call all over the countryside to find another used tire because our old ones didnt come home with us, oh no, they stayed at the other tire place. So we finally get another used tire put on.

So the month goes by, I really dont drive that much at all unless its to pick up groceries or go to a doctor appointment. The reunion was this last weekend and we went to that, had a good time and lots of fun.

On the way home... SIGH! The same thing happens to another tire. Except this one is worse, but we spend the whole trip home wobbling like a clown car, not being able to go over 50 mph. Then we get about 10 miles from the house and it stats falling apart and let me tell you, at this point I am very unhappy with the situation. I have to drive 30 mph for the next 7 miles, then the tread comes loose on half the tire and Im driving 20 mph the last 2 miles. Get the car into the garage go in the house GAH this is saturday night, no one is going to be able to do anything until Monday (today).

So today Im calling around all over the countryside AGAIN to find another used tire to put on until we can buy all new tires. Apparently they dont make the same tire that my husband had put on my van anymore. Like they DONT MAKE THAT TIRE ANYMORE *head smack*. I had to find out what was comparable to it and then search for used one. Well I finally found a guy who has a tire. Of course its 30 miles one direction from us, but hey, when you live in the middle of nowhere you drive 30 miles for used tires. So my dear sweet husband who I do love very much is on his way to get another used tire.

If men would just listen! Why is it they think we are dumb? I used to work on cars all the time with my dad and with friends, I took shop in high school because it was where all the cute guys with hot cars were at... He should listen to me :)

Moral of the story? The woman is going to be right so just go with the flow, listen to your wife to begin with and you wont have to go through all this trouble!

No comments: