Sunday, August 16, 2009

Into the calm again

Well we have had a very busy couple of days. Yesterday we had our yearly family reunion. As usual it was tons of fun. It's so nice to get to see the people in your family that you don't see everyday. Aunts, Uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews who come from far away places and even some near places too. We eat and talk, the kids play games and even the adults too! We have an auction each year where we bid on things we have grabbed from here and there. I spent $21.00 this year! Got myself a vase with hand painted flowers, water globes to water plants, a blue lava lamp, a Christmas photo album and some friendships bracelets one of the cousins made. We have the auction each year and use the money to pay for the next reunion... pay for the pavilion, for food and so on. Its a pretty cool idea :)

I had a lot of fun. It was fun for Dennis too but it was very hard on him physically. He tried being in the swimming pool afterward but it proved to be too painful and hard on him. He did end up sitting on the edge and occasionally putting his feet into the water when the kids weren't near him and allowing them to splash him now and then. When we got home he was exhausted though. He took his pain medication and he said it just wasn't cutting it for him tonight so when he dozed off on the couch I allowed him to just sleep for a while thinking that might help him and I think it may have. When I woke him up he went on to bed, was just in general a rough day for him.

One of our nephews, Ian came home with us for a week. He enjoys coming up and we love having him with us and being able to spend time with us. Dennis' kids are grown, well almost and I couldn't have children so in a way its almost like having a kid for a few days.

I thought I was having a flare with my psoriasis yesterday possibly from the pool but today I'm nearly 100% better. This disorder is proving to be a pain in the butt!

Oh look at this! I went out to the garden when I let the dogs out this morning and found my tomato's are FINALLY turning red! I only had 2 cherry tomato's that were ripe for picking, had I left them on they wouldn't be good in another day or two so I plucked them off. Waiting for Dennis to wake up this morning to let him try one with me. It better not be sour I'll be mad! lol




Pretty big for cherry tomato's huh? They'll taste good anyway! :) Well I have a few things planned for today so I better get on with it! I hope you all have a wonderful day and that you enjoyed the read today! :)

No comments: