Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lets get started!


Well I don't think this blog is going to write itself so I guess Ill get started. How did I get here? (Explanation of the bat photo will follow lol)

Well, I'm 40 years old, I live in northern Michigan with my husband, 2 dogs and a cat. For the last 15 yrs Ive lived in Louisiana so this is sort of like culture shock. Especially with this crazy weather. They keep telling me its summer here but I keep having to put on a hoody and stay in long pants due to the chilly air. When we got here it was at the beginning of February and 3 feet of snow on the ground. Incidentally I ended up getting sick back to back for the next couple of months and it made my PPPP (psoriasis) go crazy which is another story all in itself. The snow finally stopped and warmer weather did come. We had 4 really hot days that even required use of air conditioning! Then it went away and its been cool ever since.

I don't know how much I really like living here. I'm definitely homesick. My grandfather passed away just one week after I left and I still feel guilty about not being there even though I spent a lot of time with him the days just before leaving. My parents are still in the south and I miss them so much. Ive always been a momma's girl lol

We had a bat incident the other night. We were sitting in the living room minding our own business, doing things on our computers when all of the sudden my husband says very calmly "Oh there's a bird". At first I didn't know what he was talking about and then I noticed this large dark bird like thing coming towards us. I'm thinking 'how did a bird get in? Did it break a window? Whats a bird doing flying around at 2 in the morning?' Then my husband yells "No its a bat!" Well, this changes EVERYTHING... Every living creature on the planet has a natural instinct called 'Fight or Flight'. I'm one of those who only have the 'Flight' part of this instinct. I commence to go into a pure panic. I start screaming, I'm trying to push my computer out of my way for a different path to safety all the while trying to duck down so the bat wont attack me. The dogs have no idea what in the world is going on and they both high tail it to the bedroom. Yea a lot of good those 2 would do if I was being attacked. My cat, he runs under the couch he's just terrified at this point. Im still screaming at the top of my lungs. My husband... omg my poor husband, who uses crutches due to RSD, I'm not even thinking about him, my ONLY thoughts at this point are BAT and OUTSIDE IS SAFE! lol I stumble trip my way to the door and go out onto the porch. My husband asks "What in the world are you doing?" I say, "I'm getting the hell out of dodge! What are YOU doing?" lol Well I end up having to go back inside, I dug the cat out from under the couch. Poor thing, I'm pretty sure he used one of his lives getting under there. I lock all the animals in the bedroom and I go back onto the porch where my husband now is. We look at each other and we're like 'what now?' lol So we end up calling a cousin who's wife works for a vet and they come over to catch the bat. My husband and I are still on the porch peering through the screen door and listening to our cousins who are now on the stairwell with blankets trying to catch this evil little bat. I hear him say "Oh look how cute he is" followed by "Ahhhhh" and a thump. lol They did in fact catch the bat in a blanket and brought it outside where we let it fly back off into the night. Then our cousins say "We only had 2 bats in 3 yrs that we lived in this house." ONLY 2 bats? ONLY 2 BATS?!? lol one is more than enough thank you very much.

So anyway, that was exciting. Now I'm back to doing crafty stuff. I'd currently doing some sewing. I've stopped going to my favorite forum which is yet another story for another day. I'm really enjoying some of the blogs I've found on here. I hope that someone, even if just one, enjoys mine as well. I will be tracking my Psoriasis on here. I will give updates on how my novel is coming along (another story for another day!). I will in general just update about life and life in Michigan.

Have a great day!

No comments: