Thursday, September 3, 2009

Oh my aching head!

Well the Celexa seem to be working for my insomnia and my panic attacks as its been 7 days today and I havent had one panic attack yet. I was anxious yesterday and today I feel very on edge though. Since starting the Celexa though, I have had a headache. Its always there, sometimes worse than other times. So I called my doctors office and talked to the nurse. My doctor is out today so she is going to talk to the nurse practitioner and ask about a medication change or what they think I should do. She is also supposed to ask if I can take some Tylenol because I'm not supposed to take certain things with Celexa.

I watched a video the other day of someone who also takes Celexa. She described her general emotions on it as "stifled" I didn't really understand what it was until now. Its like you know how you should feel but your feelings are sort of smothered. I can get angry, but not how I normally would. If something sad happened, I don't think I would be able to cry. I would just be like... numb. Thats how I'm feeling, just numb. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I can sleep and I'm extremely glad I haven't had a panic attack. But I feel numb most of the time. I can get a giggle at something but then I go back to feeling numb. My body isn't numb but my mind sort of feels that way. I know medications take a while to really get into your system and your body takes time getting used to them so I know this feeling might not last. Thats if they don't change my medication to something else.

Well just got the call back from the doctors office. I can take Tylenol yay! They said the headaches are normal and they should go away so Ill keep taking this for now and see if they go away or not. Maybe my mood will improve where I'm not feeling so out of it.

Anyway, I'm going to take some Tylenol and chill out, maybe my headache will go away. Have a great day everyone!

No comments: