Monday, November 23, 2009

A year older

Well, I didn't think I would get through my birthday but yet again, I'm a year older. My birthday was completely uneventful this year. Well if you don't count crying lol I have been missing my mother really bad. Even though I can pick up the phone and call her whenever I want, it's just not the same as being able to be with her and spend the day with her. So I called her on my birthday, talked to her for a few minutes, hung up the phone and cried. Then I took my shower, got dressed, dried my hair and then I cried. I miss both my parents so much.

So I pulled myself together and told myself I would have a good day anyway. We are on a very tight budget right now and well, nearly everyone in my family forgot my birthday so no one made me a cake, gave me a card or anything. My mother in law took me to dinner the other day for my birthday, so I guess she was the one person who remembered. I decided to make a cake for myself. I mixed it up, poured it into the pan, it smelt so good even uncooked. I set the timer and went into the living room. A while later, about 50 minutes later, I realize the timer hasn't gone off. I go to the kitchen and take the now burnt cake out of the oven. I set it on top of the stove and say happy birthday to myself. I look at the timer... I didn't push the start button *sigh* so I put frosting on it anyway, because my husband will eat anything burnt. The cake is crunchy. I cried again.

So through all the crying, midnight finally came and now its just another day like any other. Thanksgiving is in 3 days and that will be yet another holiday I struggle through. I will try to make the best of it just like I do every day.

Hope this finds everyone well and happy, stay safe!

No comments: